Wednesday, September 1, 2010

25 weeks down-15 more to go!

Can't believe that Baby Bean will be here in 15 weeks (give or take-hoping this little one gives!)  We finally finished (in theory) the registering process and let me tell you-that is an ordeal!!!  Babies R Us is ridiculous!  I can't believe how much stuff they have in that store!  In all honesty-I had a ton of fun just looking through everything though-this growing family is definitely becoming more and more of a reality! :)

Our friends, Daniel and Breann White, just had a baby this past Tuesday.  Chris and I went to see them in the hospital and I have to say-Chris makes me laugh.  Baby Devin was crying and after being passed around to quite a few of us, he ended up with Chris who put him to sleep in literally like 3 minutes!  Later that night, Chris started "bragging" about it :)  He was so excited that he put Devin to sleep so fast! I just laughed and laughed and said "you just wait until Baby Bean gets here-then we'll see how well those skills work!  :)  I love talking about our family with Chris-he is so ready to be a dad!  He's going to be so good at it too!  He LOVES kids!  I love watching him with the kids in our church.  They just swarm him it seems!  He's definitely going to be a great Father!  I'm excited for that day!

So here's the update on Baby Bean's approximates and latest development (compliments of whattoexpect.com):  Baby bean is growing by leaps and bounds, reaching nine inches in length and passing the pound and a half mark. Under his/her skin, capillaries are forming and filling with blood and by week's end, air sacs (also lined with capillaries) will develop in his/her lungs, getting them ready for that first breath. Mind you, those lungs aren't ready for prime time just yet — but they are developing surfactant, a substance that will help them expand after birth. And speaking of breathing, your baby's tiny nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open, and his/her vocal chords are getting ready to roar.

Here's the 25 week picture of momma and bump! Getting bigger with each passing day it seems :)

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...You're so cute! I can't believe how tiny you are with only 15 weeks so go. I'm jealous. =)

    You are right that Chris is going to be a great dad but you my dear are going to be a great mom too. I'm so happy for you both. We need to chat sometime soon. I'm hoping to see you again before we move away but being that we don't know yet when that is going to happen we don't have any plans set forth. We'll be in Iowa this weekend are you planning to go up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie - you're an adorable pregnant lady and I know you'll make a fantastic mom. Congratulations to you and your families!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I can't wait till you find the thing that you do amazingly well with Baby Cox, and I can just picture Chris' jaw dropping at his astounding wife!!

    ReplyDelete