Monday, October 25, 2010

7 weeks and counting!!

So tomorrow marks the 7 weeks left day.  Say it with me:

S-E-V-E-N W-E-E-K-S L-E-F-T!!! 

It is coming up fast-baby bean will be here before we know it!  Feels like there's not much to report on the baby end.  I'm still growing out of course, so that's no surprise.  We are getting more and more anxious for this little bundle to enter the world.  I've been experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions for about 2 weeks now.  I am amazed at how God begins to prepare your body for delivery by giving you fake contractions to begin experiencing a very small part of what the pain will feel like.  They always come in the middle of the night-the first time was so strange! I woke up in a bout of pain (the pain actually woke me up) and after the second one came, I woke Chris up.  I thought for sure-"this is it!" even though Bean would have been 9 weeks early at that point...We were up from pretty much 3AM to 5AM.  Needless to say, Baby Bean is still in the oven :)

On the news front in the Cox home, this Friday I take my Professional Engineering licensure exam.  That will definitely be an experience in and of itself!  I've been studying since June and am very excited to simply be done with the studying!  I'm excited to really be able to focus on Baby Bean's arrival and not have this HUGE exam luming over my head! Chris has been wonderful, of course, making suppers on nearly a regular basis and allowing me to study hours on end.  He's been a trooper and I'm really excited that we get to hang out again soon!  We have our last "Chris and Annie" getaway from Friday to Saturday this weekend.  I'm really glad we get to getaway for even just a night. It will be just what I need once the exam is over!  Updates on the exam and where we go (Chris hasn't told me yet) in the next blog :)  Picture below was taken last week, at 32 weeks.  It's definitely getting harder and harder to move around :)

Check out that baby bump!!!

1 comment:

  1. You'll do great on your exam--remember, I'm praying for you! You still look super cute, and I'm excited to hear about your trip when you get back. Love you!

    ReplyDelete