Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Almost to Single Digits Now!!!

10. WEEKS. LEFT.  WOW!!!  I can't believe that I only have 10 weeks left!  We are so excited to welcome Baby Bean into this world!!!  The last few weeks have been busy busy!  We finished up child birth class and that went pretty well.  They showed the epidural video and it actually scared me!  So now I'm just praying for an incredibly speedy delivery :)  We'll see what happens!!!  That will be a post in and of itself-stay tuned!  :)

We toured the hospital in our last class and the delivery rooms are HUGE!  I couldn't believe how big they were-that will be nice.  Then they showed us recover rooms...yeah...not so big :(  I would definitely say its comparable to my cubicle at work...Chris wasn't as excited about that room!  Delivery in and of itself will make for a good story-I'm sure of that!

I had two showers in Iowa on September 25th.  Wish I had some pictures to show you from them-they were so great!  The first one was put on by some of my mom's friends and friend's that I grew up with.  It was so good to hear wise woman talk about their experiences. I definitely learned a lot from them in the short time we got to be together!  The second shower was put on by my sister and two of my best friends-Sabrina Gogerty and Rebecca Eness.  They did such a great job!  Sylvia did the decorations-decorated in pink and blue balloons since we haven't fully announced the gender.  She put together this amazing diaper cake that was so awesome!  I'll have to post pictures of that for sure when I get copies of it!  Sabrina did the food which was of course-PHENOMENAL!!!  She made homemade hummus, mini-BLT's, mini peanut butter cup pies, and mocha punch.  It was quite delicious if I do say so myself  :)  I am definitely blessed...that's what God taught me that weekend...how truly blessed we, the Cox Family, really are...Baby Bean is one lucky child-that's all I can say!!!

Last weekend (October 2nd) my mom and dad came down and helped us in our apartment.  They helped us get the baby's room all set up and man-my mom is just amazing! I couldn't believe how much she got done in one week...I am still so incredibly grateful for her...there is no way I could have done it on my own-she truly is a blessing!!!  Here's a picture of the baby's room so far!  We're getting closer!!!  :)


I've hit the point where now I'm going to see my doctor every 2 weeks!  I went to the doctor today and will go again at 32 weeks, 34 weeks, 36 weeks, and then I start going every week!  We are definitely on the downhill slide!!!  EEK!  I had the blood sugar test at my last appointment (27 weeks) and my results came back that I was very close to having gestational diabetes.  Thankfully I don't, but my doctor still wants me to be careful what I'm eating.  Chris is helping out a lot with that-I call him a dictator sometimes because I want to eat ice cream all the time now that my doctor says I shouldn't-funny how that always works out that way...once you're told "no" to something, its all that you think about!!  But in all reality, Chris has been really great in helping me figure out what to eat and has been a great encouragement.  I'd have to say that food is probably one of my favorite things on earth next to Jesus and Chris and family, so I was pretty devastated when my doctor told me to watch what I was eating-after all, I'm eating for 2 now!!!  :)  But truthfully, Chris has been a great encouragement!  Ok-I think that sums up the last 3 weeks!!  Here's the baby bump to date!  Special thanks to my sister-in-law Erica for letting me borrow some maternity clothes!!  She has super taste :)


10 weeks to go!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You still look sooooo little! I love Baby Bean's room! Great job, Mom! I'm so thankful your parents came to help you. I know it's hard to fit in the study time and prep for baby time as well. Love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks SO good! I don't think you even need me now! And you're looking good, too! Here's a kind of ice cream I think you might be able to eat: http://dreyers.slowchurned.com/flavor.aspx?b=115&f=2391.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Annie! I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left?! When you start going to the doctor every 2 weeks, and then every week...it definitely gets real, very quickly! I'm so glad you're getting your nursery set up-that has to be a huge relief! After you're test, you can focus on "nesting"! :) By the way, LOVE that you're able to wear some of my clothes!! I was so worried that you'd be swallowed up in them, you tiny little Mama, you! Keep us posted, and only a few more weeks to go, until you can eat whatever you want again..among many other blessings!

    ReplyDelete